If you’ve been following me on social media then you already know, but if for some reason you missed it, our little mister arrived on July 19, 2017! His name is Nolan James and we couldn’t be more excited about his arrival.
And today Nolan is ONE WEEK OLD! Here are some of our favorite pictures of him during his first week with us outside of the womb ❤️
I’m sure you’re wondering how any of this has to do with the title of this blog. In order to help document Nolan’s first couple of months of life, I thought it would be fun to create a personalized ABC book for him! My plan is to take a picture of him each week doing the next letter of the alphabet until he’s 26 weeks. So since he’s one week today:
Since Daddy was in the Air Force (and what little boy doesn’t love planes?!), we thought that this was the perfect word for A 🙂 For those that still can’t get enough of our little one, below are some of the outtakes from our little photo shoot. Enjoy!
Some other things that I want to remember about his first week:
- After waiting for what felt like forever for you, you finally arrived at your own time on your own day (Daddy’s birthday is the day before yours 🙂 )
- From day one you were too long for Newborn size clothes that have feet (if they don’t have feet, they barely fit).
- We took our first car ride from the hospital and it was the scariest/most cautious drive your Daddy and I have taken together.
- Besides the car ride to the pediatricians for your post delivery weigh-in, your first outing was to Target with Mommy and Nana.
- Nana came to help Mommy and Daddy out with you starting when you were 4 days new and we couldn’t be more grateful and thankful for her.
- You’ve been eating like a champ and the little “smiles” that you give while sleeping kill Mommy and Daddy.
- Your umbilical cord fell off yesterday. I can’t believe it came off so early all on its own.
- Today was Daddy’s first day back to work since you were born and Mommy took you to your cousin’s house for a little outing. You three are so cute together (see picture below).
- Mommy and Daddy love you unconditionally and more than we ever thought was possible to love another little person. Our prayer is that we do our best to model and teach you how to love Jesus.
What are some words that you would use for various letters of the alphabet? I would love to hear some of your ideas!
** For those wondering about the Made with Love Series, due to the timing of his delivery the series is temporarily postponed. But don’t you worry! They are still in the works so keep stopping by **