I don’t know about you, but sometimes it can be hard to mix up your menu. There is even this belief that clean eating is limiting. Honestly, I used to be one of those people that thought that that was true.
Over the past several months I’ve learned that this isn’t true! Yes, you have to get creative. BUT there are a lot of delicious recipes that ARE clean, nutrient dense and OH SO GOOD FOR YOU!
For the record, this was a winner in our house — maybe its the Italian genes, but my husband gives this two thumbs up!
>>> INGREDIENTS <<<
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 6 Zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 T fresh Basil, chopped
- 1 t dried Oregano
- 5 Garlic, minced
- 1 T Olive Oil
- 2 oz Mozzarella, chopped in small squares
- 1 t Salt
- Pepper, to taste
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (optional if you like a kick)
>> DIRECTIONS <<<
- Using your sprializer, sprialize the Zucchini into noodles (if you don’t have a sprializer, you could just grate the Zucchini — it will just change the texture). Set aside.
- Cut up raw Chicken into bite size pieces and season with 1/2 t Salt, Oregano and Pepper to taste. Cook in a large skillet on medium high heat in 1/2 T Olive Oil. Once the Chicken has been browned, set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add remaining Olive Oil and sauté the garlic until golden.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the Tomatoes, Red Pepper Flakes, 1/4 t Salt and pepper to taste and simmer until soften (about 7 minutes).
- Increase the heat to high and stir in the Zucchini and Basil and 1/4 t Salt into the tomato mixture until Zucchini sweats (about 2 minutes).
- Serve with Chicken and Cheese on top.
Enjoy! What’s your favorite easy meal?!
Servings: 4 (2 servings for myself and my husband)
Containers: 2 green, 1 red, 1 blue, 1 teaspoon