If you haven’t noticed, I’m a planner. I love to make a packing list, a grocery list, a project list, a list of lists, ok that last one not so much. But I think you catch my drift.
And it goes beyond lists. I like to know what my day looks like, what the plans for the weekend are, what our long term plans look like, etc. Don’t get me wrong, I can be spontaneous. I’ll just schedule it in my calendar for next weekend 😉
I’m working on it. But it can be a struggle when things don’t go as planned. Like you should probably have a Starbucks card or something amazing to distract me from the fact that you messed everything up! Not really that extreme — but the gesture would probably do the trick.
Well last night, Sam and I were making dinner… Ok, Sam was making dinner and I was decompressing from a long day at the office (isn’t he the best?! He’s a great husband ☺️).
We were making Enchiladas and everything was going great until wrapping the corn tortillas. If you’ve ever tried to wrap them, you know their issues.
BUT instead of freaking out, we made an Enchilada Casserole which turned out amazing!
So amazing, that I want to share it!
3 Chicken Breasts (4 red containers worth – once cooked and shredded)
1 container your favorite clean Salsa
15oz can of Black Beans, rinsed and drained
4oz can of Green Chiles
8oz can of Diced Tomatoes, drained
3/4 cup Plain Greek Yogurt (1 red container)
5 Corn Tortillas, ripped up
Shredded Cheese (5 blue containers)
1 jar Enchilada Sauce (I used Trader Joe’s brand– just watch the ingredients or make your own!)
1. You can also do this step prior // Place chicken and half a jar of salsa in crockpot on low for 8 hours. Shredded with hand mixer.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Pour all ingredients except cheese and enchilada sauce in a bowl and mix. Add half of jar of enchilada sauce to mixture.
4. Place mixture in 9 X 13 pan and move evenly throughout.
5. Pour remaining enchilada sauce on top and place in oven for 20 minutes, covered with foil.
6. Take out of the oven and sprinkle with cheese. Place back in oven for additional 20 minutes without foil.
7. Enjoy with cilantro, and any other healthy option of your choice!
This recipe makes 5 servings! (21 Day Fixers: 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 blue and 1 green)