I don’t know about you, but sometimes the struggle is real when you start craving chips. There aren’t many unprocessed things that have the same crunchy effect as a chip and that taste just as delicious. But when you’re working on your fitness and have goals in mind, you have to create the willpower to say “No” even when every part of you wants to say “Yes”.
Last week one of my fellow coaches and I ran a five day free clean eating challenge group to help people jumpstart their nutrition goals and get on track. We provided them with a meal plan so they had the tools to succeed. One of the days, there was an option the have sweet potato chips (score!), but there was no recipe.
I made it my mission to find a great alternative and I succeeded! I found it on Mariah’s Pleasing Plates and it’s a winner! I made a few slight modifications to make it Fixed approved and I couldn’t be happier with the results!
2 Large Sweet Potatoes
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
Seasoning of your choice
1. Wash Sweet Potatoes and slice as thinly as possible. Soak for about 20 minutes in warm water.
3. Line 2 baking sheets with foil and place a cooling rack inside each sheet.
4. Coat each potato disk with olive oil on each side and place on the rack.
5. Add your seasoning of choice and sprinkle over the top! I only seasoned the one side and thought it was plenty (and so did my husband– did I mention this recipe is husband approved?!)
**My Seasoning: 1t Chili Powder, 2t Onion Powder, 1T Garlic Powder, 1t Cayenne Pepper, 1T Paprika, 1t Pepper. Mix well **
6. Place in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, checking frequently so they do not burn and flipping halfway through.
Hope you enjoy this guilt-free, delicious treat!